get subtotals results as a variable

  1. #1
    Wrzesiñski
    Guest

    get subtotals results as a variable

    Hi, every month I've got spreadsheet with payments (thousands of rows).
    Usually I'm using subtotals to get sums grouped by currency. I know how to
    write code in VBA for subtotals, but how can I get the results for
    subtotals eg. as a variable? Number of payments is different every month,
    so I can't used hard references to cells.
    Or is it possible to name (named range) cells with subtotals results?

    --
    Przemek
    Now playing: nothing

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: get subtotals results as a variable

    How many currencies do you have to subtotal and how many columns are you
    subtotaling?
    --
    David

  3. #3
    Wrzesiñski
    Guest

    Re: get subtotals results as a variable

    Pięknego dnia, a był to 7 sierpień (niedziela) 2005, osobnik ukrywaj±cy się
    pod pseudonimem David w wiadomo¶ci
    <news:[email protected]> napisał/a:
    > How many currencies do you have to subtotal and how many columns are you
    > subtotaling?

    I've got 3 currencies and I'm subtotaling only one column (amount).
    --
    Przemek
    Now playing: nothing

  4. #4
    David
    Guest

    Re: get subtotals results as a variable

    Hi,
    This may do it for you.
    Sub Macro1()
    Range("A1").Select
    Cells.Find(What:="* Total", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
    LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
    Currency1 = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
    Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
    Currency2 = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
    Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
    Currency3 = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
    Thanks
    David

  5. #5
    Wrzesiñski
    Guest

    Re: get subtotals results as a variable

    Pięknego dnia, a był to 7 sierpień (niedziela) 2005, osobnik ukrywaj±cy się
    pod pseudonimem David w wiadomo¶ci
    <news:[email protected]> napisał/a:
    [cut macro]

    Thanks a lot, it works