Parsing a text file to a excel or word form

  1. #1
    Johndeerrm
    Guest

    Parsing a text file to a excel or word form

    Hello,

    Is it possible to make a script that will read a text file and input the
    information into a form made in either excel or word?

    The text file would be from a html form that would be emailed to me. Below
    is a sample of what the text file would look like. It would always be
    formatted the same but some fields may not always be filled out.

    Requestors name=name
    Application =EE
    Source=199
    Track=8888
    CA=ADD
    NV=REM
    NM=NO CHANGE
    AZ=REM
    B1=Submit

    Any input is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Parsing a text file to a excel or word form

    just open the file in Excel, then do text to columns on with delimited and
    choose = as the delimiter. Then move the data values to the appropriate
    places in anothersheet.

    You can get most of the code just by doing it manually with the macro
    recorder turned on (in that case, you would use the open text wizard and
    that would replace using text to columns).

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...