Auto Open

  1. #1

    Auto Open

    Is it possible to have an auto open for a user form? I want my user form to open when I open my workbook, without the worksheets showing. Is that possible?

    Thanks,
    Discovery

  2. #2
    I think the only way is to make particular workbook hidden (Window - Hide) and insert into the module code similar to this:

    Sub auto_open()
    UserForm1.Show (1)
    End Sub

    Save it then and it should work.

    mlhos

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Auto Open

    In your workbook autoopen (or open event), show your userform.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Discovery" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Auto Open

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:30:49 -0500, Discovery
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is it possible to have an auto open for a user form? I want my user
    >form to open when I open my workbook, without the worksheets showing.
    >Is that possible?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Discovery

    AFAIAA there has to be at least one sheet open and visible.

    Rgds

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  5. #5
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Auto Open

    Sub Workbook_Open()
    UserForm1.Show
    Application.Visible = False
    End Sub

    Be sure to reset the Visible property of the Application object to True when
    you dismiss the UserForm.

    --

    Vasant

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Auto Open

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ActiveWindow.Visible = False
    Userform1.Show
    Windows(ThisWorkbook.Name).Visible = True
    End Sub

    'This is workbook event code.

    The workbook will flash briefly though.

    RP

  7. #7
    Thank you for all your help everyone.

    Bob Phillips, your code worked the first time, but when I opened it up the second time, it said, "Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set" - any ideas what's happened?

    Thanks,
    Discovery