How to ascertain path of file in adjacent directory hierarchy

  1. #1
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    How to ascertain path of file in adjacent directory hierarchy

    Hi all

    I am wondering what is the best method of ascertaining the path of a
    file in an adjacent directory. Using the map below, I wish to
    ascertain the path of "Another Workbook" relative to "ThisWorkbook".

    PARENT_DIR
    _________|________
    | |
    DIR_1 DIR_2
    | |
    ThisWorkbook Another Workbook

    Any suggestions apppreciated

    Paul Martin
    Melbourne, Australia

  2. #2
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    RE: How to ascertain path of file in adjacent directory hierarchy

    Just to clarify

    I want to load a ListBox with the filenames in a given directory. In DOS,
    the command to ascertain the directory would be:

    dir ..\DIR_2

    Thanks in advance

    Paul Martin
    Melbourne, Australia

  3. #3
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    Re: How to ascertain path of file in adjacent directory hierarchy

    For anyone interested, I have found a solution as follows:

    Dim sPath as String

    sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\..\DIR_2"

    Paul Martin
    Melbourne, Australia