Checkcell macro problem XL97

  1. #1
    Slagmendoza
    Guest

    Checkcell macro problem XL97

    I added the following macro to my workbook, and then added a button
    (Tools/Customize/Categories/Macros - click and drag "Custom Button" to the
    toolbar). It works, but now whenever I open a new workbook, Excel opens
    Book1 behind whatever workbook that I have opened. I want this Macro to work
    in any workbook that I open. (It's used to put a check into a cell. Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Sub CheckCell()

    Selection.Font.Bold = True
    Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"

    Selection.Value = Chr(214)

    End Sub

  2. #2

    Re: Checkcell macro problem XL97

    Is book1.xls the workbook that contains the code?

    If yes, you could hide it (window|hide) and store it in your XLStart folder as
    Personal.xls. (Remember to reassign the button to the new workbook.)

    Then when you open excel, personal.xls will open (but it'll be hidden).

  3. #3
    Slagmendoza
    Guest

    Re: Checkcell macro problem XL97