User Interface in VBA

  1. #1

    User Interface in VBA

    I forgot how to program the kind of user interface with a main window with many secondary internal windows... (A mother window with daughter windows that can be opened or closed)

    I don't remember how it is called, I used to do it in Visual Basic 6.0

    If anyone understands what i'm trying to say... Here are my questions

    Is it possible to do that kind of interface in VBA for Excel?
    How is it called?

    Thanks in advance!!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: User Interface in VBA

    I wouldn't think so since VBA doesn't have VB forms. that said, you might
    be able to do it in VB and then have vba call the VB dll.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "krhyme" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rafael Guerreiro Osorio
    Guest

    RE: User Interface in VBA

    Hi Krhyme,

    Guess you're talking about Multiple-Document Interface, where you have a
    main form with child forms. I am not sure whether you can do that with VBA
    User forms. Well, at least now you know you're searching for MDI forms...

    Best,

    Rafael

  4. #4
    thanks guys!

  5. #5
    I'm going to extrapolate a little more.

    I made 2 forms that I try to keep at the same coordinates when they appear and disappear.

    My problem is the following:

    1. When moving the first form then clicking the button to open the second form. The second form does not keep the coordonates of the first form. But afterwards everything is ok.

    2. When passing from one form to the next, there is some kind of jitter for a fraction of a second

    Anyone have a better way of doing a similar interface?? Thanks!

    (rename the attached file as xls... the forum doesnt allow me to upload xls files)
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6