How can I use a Macro to set a Page break after a character.

  1. #1
    the_Bruce
    Guest

    How can I use a Macro to set a Page break after a character.

    Hello, I would like to create a Macro to set a page break after a line of
    ------ characters.

  2. #2
    Nick Hebb
    Guest

    Re: How can I use a Macro to set a Page break after a character.

    Sub InsertPageBreaks()

    Dim c As Range
    Dim ws As Worksheet

    Set ws = Application.ActiveSheet
    For Each c In ws.UsedRange
    If c.Text = "--------" Then 'or whatever character string you
    want
    ws.HPageBreaks.Add ws.Rows(c.Row + 1)
    End If
    Next

    End Sub

  3. #3
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: How can I use a Macro to set a Page break after a character.

    Sub PageBreak()
    Dim c As Range
    Dim myrng As Range
    Dim contents As String
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim e As Integer

    LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    Set myrng = Range("A1:A" & LastRow)
    For Each c In myrng
    contents = c.Value

    If Len(contents) = Len(contents) - Len(Application.WorksheetFunction. _
    Substitute(contents, "-", "")) Then
    ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add before:=Range("A" & LastRow + 1)
    End If
    Next c
    End Sub

    What the If statement does is: counts the number of characters in each cell
    and compares that number to the number of hyphens in each cell. When those
    numbers match, a page break is added to the following row.
    If your hyphens are not in column A, then adjust the code to match the
    appropriate column.

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...