Copy and paste from ie to excel using macro

  1. #1
    Larry Sartoris
    Guest

    Copy and paste from ie to excel using macro

    I'm trying to copy information from internet explorer into excel. There's a
    lot of info on different pages so I was wondering if this was possible?

    Basically the website has a search function. I have all the searches I need
    in excel right now. Right now I'm copying the search item into the search
    window and then hitting enter then copying a description of the item and then
    copying that into excel. Then I'm going back to the search bar and entering
    another search item.

    Does this make sense? Is there a way to write this as a macro? I'm
    familiar with making macros but I've always stayed within excel.

    Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Larry Sartoris
    Guest

    RE: Copy and paste from ie to excel using macro

    bump!

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste from ie to excel using macro

    Do a view-source and find the "<form...>" tag: is the "method" GET or POST?
    Default (if none stated) is GET.
    If it uses GET you should be able to see your search terms in the browser
    address bar.

    Tim.

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Larry Sartoris
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste from ie to excel using macro

    <form action="/search/search.asp" method="POST" name="theForm">

    you're referring to this?

    I'm thinking that it's POST. What now?