formula for inserting rows

  1. #1
    Carol49
    Guest

    formula for inserting rows

    Need formula that will allow a number e.g. 5 to be placed in a cell, which
    t\will then insert 5 rows. Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: formula for inserting rows

    That needs VBA.

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
    .Resize(.Value).EntireRow.Insert
    End If
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carol49

    "Carol49" wrote:

    > Need formula that will allow a number e.g. 5 to be placed in a cell, which
    > t\will then insert 5 rows. Thanks

    Formula is what I am looking for, but I am getting a syntax error in the line
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
    I have copied and pasted, should I be doing something else? Thanks

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: formula for inserting rows

    Have you inserted it in a worksheet code module as instructed?

  5. #5
    Carol49

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: formula for inserting rows

    I am confused, it is fine here.

    You say you pasted the formula. What exactly have you copied in?

  7. #7
    Carol49

    "Bob Phillips" wrote:

    > I am confused, it is fine here.
    >
    > You say you pasted the formula. What exactly have you copied in?
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    >
    > Bob Phillips
    >
    > "Carol49" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Have you inserted it in a worksheet code module as instructed?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > HTH
    > > >
    > > > Bob Phillips
    > > >
    > > > "Carol49" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > which

    > the
    > > > line
    > > >

    > > > Yes, I am right clicking on sheet tab and clicking on View Code and then

    > pasting in formula. Thgat line always comes up red and when I go to enter
    > in the appropriate cells on the correct sheet I gfet the Compile Error -
    > Syntax Error. Thanks
    >

    > I have tried from Private Worksheet.....

    also from On Error Go....
    and I stop after End Sub
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: formula for inserting rows

    Can you ,ail me your workbook?

  9. #9
    Carol49

  10. #10
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: formula for inserting rows

    bob dot phillips at tiscali dot co dot uk

    do the obvious with it