Getting rid of update links popup?

  1. #1
    Scott buckwalter
    Guest

    Getting rid of update links popup?

    When I open a worksheet I get a popup asking if I'd like to update all linked
    information. Is there a way I could program it so that they are
    automatically updated and the popup does not occure?

    I was able to put an event handler on open to update the linked information
    but it still give the popup. If I choose yes, then the linked info is
    updated twice.

  2. #2
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: Getting rid of update links popup?

    Hi,
    menu Tools > Options , tab Edit, uncheck the 'Ask to update automatic links'.
    Sébastien
    <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>

  3. #3
    Scott buckwalter
    Guest

    RE: Getting rid of update links popup?

    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm the developer, not the user. Due
    to multiple reasons, I cannot ask the users to uncheck the box. I'd like to
    find a way to ignore the box in programming so that the users do not need to
    do anything. Is there a way?

    Scott

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Getting rid of update links popup?

    see Excel VBA help. "Open" has an "updatelinks" parameter

    Tim

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    "Scott buckwalter" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...