VBA - ODBC database access help?

  1. #1
    Carl
    Guest

    VBA - ODBC database access help?

    Hello,

    I am hoping someone here may be able to point me to some code or
    documentation regarding accessing data from external ODBC databases
    using VBA from within excel.

    Basically, what I am trying to do is monitor when a value in the first
    column changes, I would like to validate this value and populate several
    other values in this row based on a query to this external database.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jean-Yves
    Guest

    Re: VBA - ODBC database access help?

    Hi Carl,

    in the VBA window, make a reference to Microft ActiveX Data Object library
    2.x. (ADO)
    Then search via the object browser after "connection" or "recordset"
    objects to get help.
    This should give you a start.
    Regards
    Jean-Yves

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carl

    Jean-Yves wrote:
    > Hi Carl,
    >
    > in the VBA window, make a reference to Microft ActiveX Data Object library
    > 2.x. (ADO)
    > Then search via the object browser after "connection" or "recordset"
    > objects to get help.
    > This should give you a start.
    > Regards
    > Jean-Yves
    >
    > "Carl" <_Nospam_@_DO_NOT_.USE> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I am hoping someone here may be able to point me to some code or
    >>documentation regarding accessing data from external ODBC databases
    >>using VBA from within excel.
    >>
    >>Basically, what I am trying to do is monitor when a value in the first
    >>column changes, I would like to validate this value and populate several
    >>other values in this row based on a query to this external database.
    >>
    >>Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    That is exactly what I was looking for.

    Carl.