Macro won't run

  1. #1
    Sandy
    Guest

    Macro won't run

    Hello group,
    I have a macro that copies a sheet and through the wks.Parent.SendMail
    emails it to a list of recipients. The macro runs fine on some machines and
    will not run on others, all have the same OS and Programs installed. I have
    detemined that it is the wks.Parent.SendMail that is causing the problem.
    The unusual part of it is that typically the macro is fired by a button,
    however, if I run the macro from the editor, it runs fine. Has any one seen
    this before that may could tell me what is wrong?
    Thanks
    Sandy

  2. #2
    Martin
    Guest

    RE: Macro won't run

    Check the Security level on the machines where macro doesn't work. Change it
    to at least "Medium" if it is set to "High".

    Go into Tools then Macro and then Security and change to "Medium"

    Martin

  3. #3
    Sandy
    Guest

    RE: Macro won't run

    It is set on medium on both machines

  4. #4
    Dick Scheibe
    Guest

    RE: Macro won't run

    I have a similar problem where I am changing the background color on a
    worksheet that contains charts. If any chart or part of a chart is selected,
    the macro won't run from a button. My macro selects a range in the worksheet
    first, thus de-selecting the chart. It then changes the color. The macro
    runs from the macro editor perfectly either by running the click macro
    associated with the button or the macro routine called by the button. It
    runs perfectly from the tools macro macro run pull down as well. It won't
    run from the button - it starts and then just stops without completing the
    routine. Is it a bug?