Coloring row

  1. #1
    Tiffany
    Guest

    Coloring row

    Hi

    I have a spreadsheet that looks like that
    Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E
    brand A xxx xxx xxx xxx
    brand B xxx xxx xxx xxx
    band C xxx xxx xxx xxx

    i used conditional formatting to automatically color brand A as red and
    brand B as blue. The conditional formatting seems to able to color Col A. Is
    it possible to extend the coloring from Col A to Col E, always referencing to
    Col A. If not, any other alternatives.

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Coloring row

    You can select all the cells in the row and use a CF formula of

    =$A2="brand A"

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Coloring row

    Hi Tiffany,

    > Is it possible to extend the coloring from Col A to Col E, always
    > referencing to Col A.

    Use the same CF condition for each cell in the row.

    So, for example, in cells A1:E1, you might use the common condition:

    =$A1<10

    This anchors the coditional formatting for each cell in the A1:E1 range to
    the value of A1.

    You might wish to visit Debra Dalgleish's superb tutorial on Conditional
    Formatting at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    ---
    Regards,