Writing Excel to Access

  1. #1
    mburkett
    Guest

    Writing Excel to Access

    Is there a way to write data from a cell in Excel to a particular table
    AND record within Access?

    For example we have a database called Client.mdb and a table called
    Accounts and a field in the table called Considerations. Each record
    has information in the Consideration field. The current information is
    pulled into Excel through a simple query. I am trying to avoid going
    back and forth b/w the 2 programs. Any help would be appreciated!

    Michael Burkett

  2. #2
    eRic
    Guest

    Re: Writing Excel to Access

    use ADO

  3. #3
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Writing Excel to Access

    This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
    includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

    Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

    It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

    * create a database,
    * create a table
    * insert records
    * select records,
    * update records,
    * delete records,
    * delete a table,
    * delete a database.

    DAO and ADO files available.

    You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

    The code is open and commented.

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com