copy PROTECTED worksheet without referencing original

  1. #1

    copy PROTECTED worksheet without referencing original

    Hi all

    I have to copy a protected worksheet with formulas to a different
    workbook without referencing the original workbook in the formulas. I
    found a lot of postings concerning 'copy without referencing original'
    with the following answers:
    - Use Edit/Links to change the links in the formulas after copy
    - Change the Formulas to text and back to formulas before / after copy
    so they don't get changed by the copy-procedure
    - Use Edit/Paste Special to copy the formulas

    All of this is not working for me because my worksheet is protected and
    i don't know the password (the worksheet is a template from a
    gouvernment office). So i am looking for a possibility to copy the
    worksheet without references. Changing the formulas after copy is not
    an option for me.

    Thank you very much for any ideas/help.

    Roger Tinembart

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: copy PROTECTED worksheet without referencing original

    Either take the protection off, or change the way you are copying the sheet.
    If you use right click on tab to copy the sheet across then you will end up
    with a locked sheet, but why not just copy the entire sheet by clicking on
    the grey corner top left of your sheet, copy and then paste across to the
    new sheet in the new book? Then you can use the Edit / Links / Change
    Source option.

    Hadn't tried it with a template to be honest, but just used a dummy workbook
    protected and had no problems.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03