Using Named Ranges to Lookup Data in External Workbook

  1. #1
    Andibevan
    Guest

    Using Named Ranges to Lookup Data in External Workbook

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know of or have any guidance on how to setup named ranges so
    that you can reference them (i.e. lookup data using them) from an external
    sheet?

    I have worked out how to do it but I am not sure how to ensure that it will
    work correctly when distributed to the user?

    Thanks in advance

    Andi

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Using Named Ranges to Lookup Data in External Workbook

    A named range is a named range. If it exists, it can be used like any other
    range. If it is from an external source, then it would be used like any
    range reference from an external source.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...