VBA project password on close

  1. #1

    VBA project password on close

    Hi,

    I have a fairly extensive VBA project in Excel, which I've locked both for viewing and for property changes with a password. Every now and then (but not always), the project password dialog will appear when I close the workbook, and I either have to enter in the vba project password or press cancel 20 or 30 times--something that would be very annoying for my users. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how I may get around it?

    thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: VBA project password on close

    Do you have the google desktop search program installed?

    Lots of people complained that it would cause this kind of problem.

    You may want to read this thread:
    http://google.co.uk/groups?selm=422E...PAM.com&rnum=1

    ps. Google has released version 2.0 (still beta). I'm not sure if it fixed the
    problem, though.

  3. #3
    I don't have Google desktop installed, but I do have the toolbar. (I had read the same thing earlier and decided to leave it, but some of my beta users who don't have Google desktop were having the problem.)

    thanks.

  4. #4

    Re: VBA project password on close

    Do you have any other addins loaded that could cause the trouble?

    How about the antivirus software--could you disable that (temporarily) and see
    what happens?

  5. #5
    No I don't. I'm not using any add-ins, and I don't have any non-essential VBA project references. I added a little code to ThisWorkbook_BeforeClose to make sure that all the forms are unloaded (though I was pretty sure I did that anyway before) and I haven't had the problem since then, but then again it's only been a couple of hours.

  6. #6
    okaizawa
    Guest

    Re: VBA project password on close

    Hi,

    if you use outlook express as a default mailer (Control panel >
    Internet Options > Programs), try to set another mailer and open/close
    the workbook. if the project does not remain in the visual basic
    editor after closing, probably outlook express had held the workbook.

    --
    HTH,

    okaizawa