Formulas for dates and static data

  1. #1
    coal_miner
    Guest

    Formulas for dates and static data

    Greetings. My query is as follows:
    I have a worksheet setup that tracks an individual stock's performance. The
    price of the stock is automatically updated. Every Monday for the rest of
    2005, I need to get the stock price of that Monday in an automated fashion,
    but when it becomes Tuesday, the stock price does not change with the date.
    A3 is the autom refreshing stock quote. A5 = today(), A9-A53 are the
    remaining Mondays of 2005, and B9-B53 is where I want the corresponding stock
    price to be. I have tried using something like (B9) =if(A5>A9,A3,""), but
    once that day has passed, B9 is going to change with the date. Any
    suggestions without getting into any Visual Basic? Thank you in advance for
    any help or suggestions you may have. Cheers.

  2. #2
    Cody
    Guest

    RE: Formulas for dates and static data

    Assign the quote incoming Monday a number and use the offset function to fill
    the respective rows.

  3. #3
    coal_miner
    Guest

    RE: Formulas for dates and static data

    Ok. Could you give me an example perhaps?