Error 438

  1. #1

    Error 438

    Why is this giving me runtime error 438?

    Sub ComboBox6_Change()

    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Main Menu" Then Call
    DisplayMenu
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Goals" Then Call DisplayGoals
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Development Plan" Then Call
    DisplayDevPlan
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Mid-Year" Then Call
    DisplayMidYear
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Self-Evaluation" Then Call
    DisplaySelfEval
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Functional Manager" Then Call
    DisplayFunctionalMgr
    If Sheets("Main Menu").ComboBox6.Value = "Manager" Then Call
    DisplayManager

    End Sub

    Anyone?

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Error 438

    m,

    Is the ComboBox from the Control Tool Box and not from the
    Forms toolbar ?
    Does the sheet have the exact name "Main Menu" ?
    Is the code located in the sheet module ?
    Is the combobox actually named "ComboBox6" ?
    Does it work if you replace...Sheets("Main Menu") with...Me ?

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]

  3. #3

    Re: Error 438

    Jim,

    >From the control toolbox, yes.

    I edited the code a bit (see below) and now nothing at all is happening
    when I select something from the dropdown menu.... what do you think?

    Sub ComboBox6()

    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Main Menu" Then Call
    DisplayMenu
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Goals" Then Call
    DisplayGoals
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Development Plan" Then
    Call DisplayDevPlan
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Mid-Year" Then Call
    DisplayMidYear
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Self-Evaluation" Then Call
    DisplaySelfEval
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Functional Manager" Then
    Call DisplayFunctionalMgr
    If Sheets("Competencies").ComboBox6.Value = "Manager" Then Call
    DisplayManager

    End Sub

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Error 438

    m,

    I think that the sheet name should be the name of the sheet
    that the combobox is on.
    I also think that the code belongs in the code module behind
    the sheet (right-click the sheet tab and select "view code").

    Jim Cone