Error 2147352567 (80020009) Could not proxy for user

  1. #1
    green biro
    Guest

    Error 2147352567 (80020009) Could not proxy for user

    Error 2147352567 (80020009) Could not proxy for user

    The macro below to output Groupwise calendar items to Excel works fine on my
    PC but fails with the above error message on others and I haven't the
    faintest idea why.

    Can anybody throw any light on it for me, please?

    Thanks.

    --------

    Dim GWApp As Object ' Application
    Dim GWAccount As Object ' Root Account
    Dim GWProxyAcct As Object
    Dim GWCalendar As Object
    Dim GWAppts As Object

    Private Sub cmdGo_Click()

    ' Clear old data
    Range("A4").Select
    Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
    Selection.ClearContents

    ' Start GroupWise session
    Set GWApp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")
    Set GWAccount = GWApp.login()

    For i = 0 To 2 ' three proxy names
    ' Read Proxy name and get appointment messages collection
    intRow = 4
    strProxyName = ActiveSheet.Cells(3, i * 3 + 1).Value
    Set GWProxyAcct = GWAccount.Proxy(strProxyName)
    Set GWCalendar = GWProxyAcct.Calendar
    Set GWAppts = GWCalendar.Messages

    ' Read dates
    dateStart = Worksheets("CalSearch1").Cells(1, 2).Value
    dateEnd = Worksheets("CalSearch1").Cells(2, 2).Value

    ' Read dates
    For Each appt In GWAppts
    'Output to Excel if start / end conditions met
    If DateValue(appt.StartDate) >= dateStart And _
    DateValue(appt.EndDate) <= dateEnd Then
    ActiveSheet.Cells(intRow, i * 3 + 1).Value = appt.StartDate
    ActiveSheet.Cells(intRow, i * 3 + 2).Value = appt.EndDate
    ActiveSheet.Cells(intRow, i * 3 + 3).Value = appt.Subject & "*" &
    appt.FromText
    intRow = intRow + 1
    End If
    Next
    Next

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Error 2147352567 (80020009) Could not proxy for user

    gb,

    You would probably get a better response if you were to point
    out where the error occurs. Some questions...

    Do the others have NovellGroupWare installed?
    Does the ActiveSheet on the others have legitimate entries
    in Cells A3, D3 and G3?

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  3. #3
    green biro
    Guest

    Re: Error 2147352567 (80020009) Could not proxy for user

    Error occurs at:
    Set GWProxyAcct = GWAccount.Proxy(strProxyName)

    Thanks for your response but:
    GroupWise client is installed and all entries are legitimate.

    Anyone any other ideas?

    news:[email protected]...