visual basic command to special paste a row of formulas into value

  1. #1
    F.C
    Guest

    visual basic command to special paste a row of formulas into value

    I am currently using this macro to copy a row of values from one sheet to
    another using vsual basic editor

    strFrom = "[Data Source - Football]Source Prior Year Statistics!"
    strTo = "[Data Source - Football]Source Prior Year +1 Statistics!"

    CopyRangeAdd enumRange, strFrom & "J16:U21", strTo & "J16:U21"

    Currently this macro is copying values in one sheet to a value in another
    sheet

    I would now like to copy formulas in one sheet to values in another sheet

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: visual basic command to special paste a row of formulas into value

    well, the code that does the copying is hidden in the unrevealed
    CopyRangeAdd. If you want that modified, you would need to provide it.

    else do

    Range(strFrom & "J16:U21").copy Range(strTo & "J16:U21")

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    F.C
    Guest

    Re: visual basic command to special paste a row of formulas into v

    Dear Tom

    Thank you for spending the time to solve my problem.
    The programmer who wrote this is no longer doing this work
    and therefore I have to find the answers to any problems that arise

    Here is the full macro

    Private Sub CopyRangeAdd(ByVal eType As typCopyRangeEnum, ByVal strFrom As
    String, Optional ByVal strTo As String = "")

    gintCopyRangesCount = gintCopyRangesCount + 1
    ReDim Preserve aCopyRanges(1 To gintCopyRangesCount) As typCopyRange

    With aCopyRanges(gintCopyRangesCount)
    .strFrom = strFrom
    .strTo = strTo
    .eType = eType
    End With
    End Sub

    Public Sub CopyRangesInitialise()
    Dim strFrom As String, strTo As String

    'Reset the copy ranges
    gintCopyRangesCount = 0
    Erase aCopyRanges

    'Set up the copy ranges
    'Syntax:
    ' CopyRangeAdd "From" [,"To"]
    '
    ' If "To" is specified, the range will be copied
    ' If "To" is not specified or blank (""), the "From" range will be erased
    '
    'Format is: "[<Workbook>]<Sheet>!<RangeStart>:<RangeEnd>"

    strFrom = "[Data Source - Golf]Source Current Year Statistics!"
    strTo = "[Data Source - Golf]Source Budget Year Statistics!"

    CopyRangeAdd enumRange, strFrom & "J14:U14", strTo & "J14:U14"
    CopyRangeAdd enumRange, strFrom & "J20:U20", strTo & "J20:U20"
    CopyRangeAdd enumRange, strFrom & "J24:U24", strTo & "J24:U24"

    SO INSTEAD OF COPYING VALUES FROM ONE SHEET TO ANOTHER SHEET I WANT TO COPY
    A RANGE THAT CONTAINS "FORMULAS" IN ONE SHEET TO "VALUES" IN ANOTHER SHEET.

    Tom can you assit?

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: visual basic command to special paste a row of formulas into v

    We still haven't gotten to the code that does the actual copy.

    This looks like it might be some type of class module that was set up. The
    documentation for the copyrangeAdd function hasn't been updated - it shows 2
    arguments and the function has 3 argument. the etype argument may have an
    option to tell it how to copy (ex, copy formulas to values), but that isn't
    documented. The code you show appears to be building an array of defined
    types that contain an 'etype', 'from' and 'to' entries. I assume this will
    eventually be utilized by whatever code actually does the copying. So far,
    you haven't shown that code.