Search if a cell range contains a particular value

  1. #1
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Search if a cell range contains a particular value

    I'm trying to write a macro that will look at a selected range of cells and
    if any of them contains a certain value, then a number 1 will be put in a
    paticular cell, say...B9.
    Here is what I have.

    Range("D" & (a) & ":D" & (b)).Select
    If Selection = "Test" Then Range("S" & a).Value = 1

    It obviously doesn't work, but I'm looking for suggestions

    Thanks,
    Paul

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Search if a cell range contains a particular value

    Public Sub FindValue()
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim rngToSearch As Range
    Dim rngCurrent As Range

    Set wks = Sheets("Sheet1")
    Set rngToSearch = wks.Range("B:B")
    Set rngCurrent = rngToSearch.Find("Tada")

    If rngCurrent Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Tada was not found."
    Else
    rngCurrent.Offset(0, 1).Value = "Found"
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Search if a cell range contains a particular value

    paul, you might try a for each statement to test the cells
    individually....below will test range D1:D10

    a = 1
    b = 10

    Range("D" & a & ":D" & b).Select

    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.Value = "test" Then
    Range("S" & a).Value = 1
    End If
    Next cell

    hth
    steve

  4. #4
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Search if a cell range contains a particular value

    Thank you Steve.

    That did exactly what I wanted.

    Thanks again.
    Paul