Expressions in Microsoft Query

  1. #1
    eggman
    Guest

    Expressions in Microsoft Query

    In Microsoft Query, is it possible to create calculated fields? I've used
    the help within Microsoft Query and followed the instructions for creating an
    expression, but no matter what I try, I get error messages saying that it
    can't find expression in the tables selected. I've tried coding in the
    calculations in the SQL Statement, but still error messages. Even when I try
    to sum button on the toolbar I get errors.

    Is this functionality not available within Microsoft Query? All I'm able to
    do is filter, which is helpful, but still leaves much more then is practical
    to be done in excel. I'm hoping to avoid using Access if at all possible.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest