When does entering data into cell end?

  1. #1
    MarkusPoehler
    Guest

    When does entering data into cell end?

    I am writing an application that uses dsoFramer Active X to make Excel Sheets
    available.

    I can use full Excel/VBA functionality.

    The Problem: When a user edits a cell and does not finish entering (there is
    still a prompt inside the cell) and pushes any button outside the Excel
    Frame, I can not make this cell stop edit mode and let it know the entered
    value.
    If I jump into another cell like Range("B4").Select() the cursor jumps and
    the new cell is focused but the old one is still in edit mode and the beeing
    entered value is not available.
    Is there any method in Excel VBA that makes the edit mode end up? Something
    like
    Range("A2").Enter()
    or sth like that?

  2. #2
    LabElf
    Guest

    RE: When does entering data into cell end?

    I'll take a wild stab at this, since no one else has answered. Try setting
    Application.DataEntryMode to xlOff and then back to xlOn - that might cause
    it to digest the cell being edited.
    --
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice,
    there is.