Cell Tabulation

  1. #1

    Cell Tabulation

    I have a form in my excel worksheet.
    How to navigate from one cell to another.
    For example, I have a cell B2 and a cell D9.
    When I click on "TAB", I would like to move directly from B2 to D9

    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Cell Tabulation

    Hi ecohen1

    If you unlock B2 and D9 in the cell properties and protect the sheet the tab key do what you want.

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lime
    Guest

    RE: Cell Tabulation

    Hello,
    Try Unlocking the cells and then protect the sheet.

    Format cell/protection click off locked then go to tools/protection/Protect
    Sheet

    Lime

  4. #4

    ?

    Thanks Ron.
    But is this a way to do it programmatically or with a formula?

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Cell Tabulation

    Which Excel version do you use ?

  6. #6
    I use Excel 2003

  7. #7
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Cell Tabulation

    Do you know that you can uncheck "Select locked cells" when you protect your sheet.
    This way the user can't select locked cells.

    If you only have a few cells to fill in and wat to use a macro then try this

    Sub test_1()
    Dim myRange As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim myAns As Variant

    Set myRange = Range("I3,K7,M11")

    For Each myCell In myRange.Cells
    myAns = InputBox _
    (prompt:="Please enter something for cell: " & myCell.Address, _
    Title:="Get Data")
    If myAns <> "" Then
    myCell.Value = myAns
    End If