Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How do I make a ComboBox use a list from another sheet in Excel?

  1. #1
    ndm berry
    Guest

    How do I make a ComboBox use a list from another sheet in Excel?

    I'm trying to make a ComboBox use several different lists from different
    worksheets in the same workbook, with little success. If possible I would
    like the lists to in alphabetic order regardless of which list they come from.

  2. #2
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a ComboBox use a list from another sheet in Excel?

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 01:25:04 -0700, ndm berry <ndm
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm trying to make a ComboBox use several different lists from different
    >worksheets in the same workbook, with little success. If possible I would
    >like the lists to in alphabetic order regardless of which list they come from.

    If the lists are never changing, probably the easisest way is to build
    a sorted composite list and use this in the RowSource property of the
    combo box.

    If the lists are dynamic, then you'd need a bit of extra code to first
    build the composite list, sort it and apply the new list to the
    RowSource property.

    HTH
    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

  3. #3

    Re: How do I make a ComboBox use a list from another sheet in Excel?

    John Walkenbach shows how to fill a listbox with unique items (and sort it) at:

    You could modify it to loop through all your ranges (and make it a combobox).