How can I specify workday capacities in a dynamic calendar???

  1. #1
    beb
    Guest

    How can I specify workday capacities in a dynamic calendar???

    Hi people,

    I have a dynamic calendar where user enters the starting day and excel
    fills the remaining rows. Also, I have a capacity row, showing
    production capacity daily. What I want to and cannot do is, for sundays,
    corresponding capacity will be equal to 0. I could easily write an IF
    expression but the user will enter the capacities AFTER the new calendar
    is generated, so he/she will delete my formulas.

    Does anyone know how I can make sure that this procedure becomes
    permanent and unchangeable by the user? Thanx already...

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: How can I specify workday capacities in a dynamic calendar???

    You could have some code enter the "IF" expression in the appropriate cells
    each time a new calendar is created. Or some code that will loop through
    each new calendar looking for Sundays and place a "0". What you described is
    the calendar days and the capacity data are all in the same column on
    alternating rows. This would not be good practice for data organization.
    Data of one type should be contiguous in either a row or a column by itself.
    You don't say for what period your calendar is. Week, month, year. You could
    just make a grid template like an empty wall calendar and change the numbers
    in the grid according to the users' starting day and place the capacity
    numbers in the grid under the corresponding day. The capacity per day can be
    calculated in a table separate from the calendar as can the starting day.
    That way the formulas in the calendar grid will refer to data placed
    elsewhere in the workbook, and need never be overwritten. Now Sundays will
    always be in the first column of your calendar grid and therefore has a
    capacity of "0". This could all be done with formulas, no code.

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...