Show values only in a pivot table

  1. #1
    ymze
    Guest

    Show values only in a pivot table

    I have a pivottable based on a small database downloading figures from
    the master database each month. To ensure that all figures are included
    every month I need to include all combinations (accounts, Cost Centers
    etc). Several of this combinations might be zero, and it it also shows
    zero in the Pivot table. This makes the pivot table big and filled with
    a lot of useless information. Is it possible in a pivottable to only
    show figures with a value different from zero?

    Thanks for your help

    Brgds

    Knut

  2. #2
    William
    Guest

    Re: Show values only in a pivot table

    Hi

    You could format the "databodyrange" within the pivot table using something
    like [>0]#,##0_ ;[Red][<0](#,##0);

    Or
    Remove all zeros from the source data (Edit / Replace, etc) and from the
    "Table Options" of the pivot table ensure there is no check mark against
    "For empty cells show..."
    --

    XL2003
    Regards

    William
    [email protected]

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ymze
    Guest

    Re: Show values only in a pivot table

    Thanks for the tip, however zero figures still shows up.
    I have now formatted the cells so empty combinations shows up as empty,
    ""
    I have also removed the mark on "for empty cells show..."

    What do I do wrong?

    Knut

  4. #4
    DM Unseen
    Guest

    Re: Show values only in a pivot table

    ymze

    a pivottable will always show a row/column combination if it is *non
    emtpy/null* for at least *one* of it's row/column combinations.
    Indeed, if you are unlucky each data row/column will only have a
    minimum of 1 non null item.

    DM Unseen