Automatic saving of worksheet with unique names

  1. #1

    Automatic saving of worksheet with unique names

    I have a computer running 24/7 and multiple people are writing items to
    a list (worksheet).

    It is important that it is saved several times a day, let's say at
    10am, 12am and 14am.. And preferably to a specific location and with
    uniqe filenames.

    I have come up with this so far:

    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=3DFormat(Now, "yymmdd_h=ADhmmss") & ".xls"

    Can anybody help me out?

    Best regards, =D8ystein

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Automatic saving of worksheet with unique names

    Hi Øystein

    Maybe SaveCopyAs is a better option for you
    Your original workbook stay open and you save a copy in a
    different folder

    ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Filename:="C:\Data\" & Format(Now, "yymmdd_h*hmmss") & ".xls"

    You can run the code automatic every two hours if you want
    Look here
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    I have a computer running 24/7 and multiple people are writing items to
    a list (worksheet).

    It is important that it is saved several times a day, let's say at
    10am, 12am and 14am.. And preferably to a specific location and with
    uniqe filenames.

    I have come up with this so far:

    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Format(Now, "yymmdd_h*hmmss") & ".xls"

    Can anybody help me out?

    Best regards, Øystein