Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

CopyRecordset in ADO

  1. #1
    vqthomf
    Guest

    CopyRecordset in ADO

    I need to copy the recordset to a spreadsheet in dao you can use
    copyrecordset but I can't find it in ADO can someone tell me how this is done
    in ado please.
    Charles

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: CopyRecordset in ADO

    Charles,

    It also exits in ADO, in Excel 2000 up at least.

    Here is an example of some of my code that uses it

    ' Check to make sure we received data.
    If Not oRS.EOF Then
    Sheet1.Range("A1").CopyFromRecordset oRS
    Else
    MsgBox "No records returned.", vbCritical

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    vqthomf
    Guest

    Re: CopyRecordset in ADO

    Thanks I looked in the help files but found no reference to it.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: CopyRecordset in ADO

    If you type copyfromrecordset in the immediate window, put the cursor in the
    word, and then hit F1, you should find it

    Bob Phillips

    "vqthomf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks I looked in the help files but found no reference to it.
    >
    > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
    >
    > > Charles,
    > >
    > > It also exits in ADO, in Excel 2000 up at least.
    > >
    > > Here is an example of some of my code that uses it
    > >
    > > ' Check to make sure we received data.
    > > If Not oRS.EOF Then
    > > Sheet1.Range("A1").CopyFromRecordset oRS
    > > Else
    > > MsgBox "No records returned.", vbCritical
    > > End If
    > >

    > > --
    > > HTH
    > >
    > > Bob Phillips
    > >
    > > "vqthomf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I need to copy the recordset to a spreadsheet in dao you can use
    > > > copyrecordset but I can't find it in ADO can someone tell me how this

    is
    > > done
    > > > in ado please.
    > > > Charles