width of Merged cells within un merged cells

  1. #1
    Darin Kramer
    Guest

    width of Merged cells within un merged cells

    Another one..
    Assume cells e1,f1,g1 are merged (as are e2,f2,g2) up to e100
    Same thing with cells in columns i,j,k
    Cells in the inbetween columns are NOT merged.

    I want to create a macro to size column width to 15 (each) of merged
    cells in column e,f,g.
    If I manually select the column in excel, I can do it.(ie click on the
    column letter)
    If I try to write basic VB to do (see below) it expands my column
    selection to the entire data iin the sheet(cols a - k) and then applies
    the column width to all of these columns (which I dont want)
    Unfortunately I cant unmerge the cols

    Any ideas???

    Basic VB im using:

    Columns("E:G").Select
    Selection.ColumnWidth = 15

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: width of Merged cells within un merged cells

    Darin,

    Columns("E:G").ColumnWidth = 15

    worked for me....

    --
    HTH,
    Bernie

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Darin Kramer
    Guest

    Re: width of Merged cells within un merged cells

    Thanks Bernie,

    Works for me too now!