excel linked to access

  1. #1
    Fuzzy31
    Guest

    excel linked to access

    Hello

    I have an excel template liked to an access table. The date entered in on
    the template is the primary key with no duplicates in access. I would like to
    set up the link so a user could open the template to re-enter the report for
    a past date and have it replace the data in access. Is this possible without
    having to open access or the saved file from excel

    Thank for your help

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: excel linked to access

    "Is this possible without having to open access or the saved file from excel"

    I don't get the question. If don't open either application, how on earth can
    you update the data?

  3. #3
    Fuzzy31
    Guest

    RE: excel linked to access

    I have the user open an excel template everyday to enter a report and is
    linked to access.
    Can they just use the template to replace the data is access that was
    already enter for a previous day or do they have to open the file that the
    template was saved as for that day to edit the report. If so is there a code
    I could use that would make is easier for the user to find the file.

    Thanks for your help.