Loan amount fx if interest rate, payment and amortization know

  1. #1
    Kevin.
    Guest

    Loan amount fx if interest rate, payment and amortization know

    Trying to reverse fx to achive total loan amount available if payment,
    interest rate and amortization is known.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Loan amount fx if interest rate, payment and amortization know

    If, by amortization, you mean the number of payments, then the Present Value
    (PV) function should take care of it.

  3. #3
    Kevin.
    Guest

    RE: Loan amount fx if interest rate, payment and amortization know

    I was unable to get that working. Here is the factor I am trying to determine:
    total monthly payment: known - $2165
    amortization: known: known - 25 years
    interest rate: known - 5%

    Starting loan amount: x-formula to calculate, should be approx $372245.00

    If you can help, it would be appricated.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Loan amount fx if interest rate, payment and amortization know

    Be sure that each entry refers to a common period. In your case, we'll use
    months. The interest rate, PER MONTH is 5%/12, the number of months is 25*12
    and the payment is 2165. When I enter =PV(5%/12, 25*12, 2165), I get
    ($370,345).
    Either ignore the minus sign, or set the payments as -2165. It's a matter
    of cash inflows vs outflows.