How do I set up a bowling schedule for an eight team league

  1. #1
    Oniram
    Guest

    How do I set up a bowling schedule for an eight team league

    If you have eight teams bowling, the first week you have Team 1 & 2 on lanes
    1 & 2 and so on for the eight teams. The next week they would change. I
    want to know how to get the different combonations for thirtysix week
    schedule.

  2. #2
    Howard Kaikow
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a bowling schedule for an eight team league

    "Oniram" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you have eight teams bowling, the first week you have Team 1 & 2 on

    lanes
    > 1 & 2 and so on for the eight teams. The next week they would change. I
    > want to know how to get the different combonations for thirtysix week
    > schedule.

    With 8 teams, there are 28 possible pairings, so for 36 weeks, each team
    will not be be matched with each other team the same number of times.

    You could, say, divide the 8 teams into say 2 groups of 4 teams, for which
    there are 6 possible pairings for each group. Spread this out over 3 * N
    weeks, where N is the number of times you wish each team to meet within each
    group.

    Then take, say, the top 1 or 2 teams from each group and put tem in a
    playoff group.

    I hope the above is kerrect, I did this on the fly.

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a bowling schedule for an eight team league

    you search for an 8 team tournament. these are the possibilities. there are
    7 possibilities, run through 5 times and have a psoition night.1 v 2 3 v 8
    4 v 7 5 v 61 v 5 2 v 4 3 v 6 7 v 81 v 3 2 v 7 4 v 5 6 v 81 v 6
    2 v 8 3 v 4 5 v 71 v 8 2 v 5 3 v 7 4 v 61 v 4 2 v 3 5 v 8 6
    v 81 v 7 2 v 6 3 v 5 4 v 8
    --

    Gary