I am an idiot - Please help me!

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    I am an idiot - Please help me!

    I want to create a userform that will have two columns of textboxes (35
    in each column). one column of textboxes I will input info into and the
    other textbox column I want the info to auto enter from a cell in my
    spreadsheet.

    example:

    Userform 1
    Column 1_____________________________Column 2
    get info from cell Activeworksheet B10 ___user entered data
    get info from cell Activeworksheet B11 ___user entered data
    get info from cell Activeworksheet B12 ___user entered data
    ......and so on.

    CommandButton 1 ________________CmdBtn 2
    get client info from cell _____________dump column 2 in to worksheet next column 1 cells 'B10' and so on

    I have no idea how to make this userform could someone please show me how to do this. Or point me to a website that will show me how to do this.

    Please tell me step by step...I know that this is simple for most of you.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: I am an idiot - Please help me!

    Hi Oberon,

    Using Spreadsheet Form Controls
    http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...tcontrols.html

    which is part of a fabulous collection of Excel video tutorials at
    DataPig Technologies.com - Computer Training and Consulting
    http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

    Links to other tutorials at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

    It would be a lot nicer to answer a post with a subject that describes
    the problem, and it would help others with the same proble to find
    an answer when they use Google Groups to search for answers.

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    thank you for the pages

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: I am an idiot - Please help me!

    Forms controls won't work on a userform (as requested) however.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: I am an idiot - Please help me!

    Thanks Tom, for answering on the poster's behalf, always helps to know
    what the problems with replies are, and I'm not sure but I think this was a
    reposting. The fact that I don't do Forms or Userforms certainly contributes
    to my lack of understanding of the question.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    thanks to both of you...true the information that was given in to the website did not solve my problem but it did give me a place to start looking on the net.

    Thanks