application.activeprinter and network device

  1. #1
    Edwin Niemoller
    Guest

    application.activeprinter and network device

    Hello group,

    My routine changes the active (network) printer in the routine and changes
    it back after the print to the standard printer.

    The problem is that if another user uses the routine it only works if the
    specific printer is on Ne00: and Ne01 (The first 2 installed networks
    printers).
    I have tried to used the network share name only but without success,
    apparently it needs the Ne.

    Is there an easy way around this?

    Thanks in advance

    Application.ActivePrinter = "HP4050 Logo on Ne00:"
    Print routine
    Application.ActivePrinter = "HP4050 Blank Ne01:"

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: application.activeprinter and network device

    you can try
    sName = Application.ActivePrinter
    On error Resume Next
    Application.ActivePrinter = "HP4050 Logo on Ne00:"
    if err.number <> 0 then
    Application.ActivePrinter = "HP4050 Logo on Ne01:"
    err.clear
    End if
    On Error goto 0
    Print routine
    Application.ActivePrinter = sName

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Edwin Niemoller
    Guest

    Re: application.activeprinter and network device

    Tom Thanks,

    A good handle to start with. Do you know is there's a way to browse the
    collection of printers available to Excel?

    Edwin

    news:[email protected]...