Auto Run Macro Upon Entry

  1. #1
    Michael Smith
    Guest

    Auto Run Macro Upon Entry

    How would I have a macro run automatically upon opening a file.
    Mike

  2. #2

    Re: Auto Run Macro Upon Entry

    Put it in a general module and name it
    sub auto_open()

    or put it behind the ThisWorkbook module and name it:
    sub workbook_open()

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Auto Run Macro Upon Entry

    Mike, use the workbook open event, like this

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    'put your macro here
    End Sub

    To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
    pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open
    the VBA editor, in the left hand window double click on thisworkbook, under
    your workbook name, and paste the code in the window that opens on the right
    hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your
    workbook, now this will run every time you open the workbook. If you are
    using excel 2000 or newer you may have to change the macro security
    settings to get the macro to run. To change the security settings go to
    tools, macro, security, security level and set it to medium

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...