cell size and find increment

  1. #1

    cell size and find increment

    Is there a function that controls the size of a cell? I am trying to make a spreadsheet form in VB but the cells are too small for the values I'm entering.

    Also I'm trying to increment the cell positions after the spreadsheet is opened, so how would I find the last entry in a column then increment it one larger than it's previous?

  2. #2

    Re: cell size and find increment

    Record a macro when you do:
    format|column|autofit selection
    and you'll see the code:

    maybe something like:
    range("a1").entirecolumn.autofit
    or when you're done with almost everything...

    worksheets("sheet1").usedrange.columns.autofit

    And to get the next row in column A.

    dim NextRow as long
    with worksheets("sheet1")
    nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1
    end with

  3. #3
    Thanks Dave! Could you suggest a tutorial or link where I can learn Excel VB at this level? Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: cell size and find increment

    There's always books.

    Debra Dalgleish has a list at her site:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

    John Walkenbach's is a nice one to start with. See if you can find them in your
    local bookstore and you can choose what one you like best.