Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

  1. #1
    Sige
    Guest

    Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Hi There,

    Underneath code checks out the my last cell in the UsedRange. (Thanks
    Rob van Gelder!)

    2 Issues:

    1.I would like to copy the Formulas and Formatting (not the values)of
    this last (used) row into the next.
    (so the UsedRange gets expanded with 1 row- a copy of the now
    one-but-last)

    2.It might be necessary to "reset" the Used Range, right?
    (and how to "reset" this if there are merged ranges in play?)

    Sub Check_Usedrange()
    Dim lngLastRow As Long, lngLastCol As Long

    On Error Resume Next
    lngLastRow = 1: lngLastCol = 1
    With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    lngLastRow = .Find("*", .Cells(1), xlFormulas, _
    xlWhole, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
    lngLastCol = .Find("*", .Cells(1), xlFormulas, _
    xlWhole, xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column
    .Cells(lngLastRow, lngLastCol).Select
    End With
    End Sub

    Hope you can help me again,
    Cheers Sige

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Sub Check_Usedrange()
    Dim lngLastRow As Long, lngLastCol As Long

    On Error Resume Next
    lngLastRow = 1
    With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    lngLastRow = .Find("*", .Cells(1), xlFormulas, _
    xlWhole, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
    .Rows(lngLastRow).Copy
    .Rows(lngLastRow + 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
    .Rows(lngLastRow + 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas
    End With
    End Sub

    No to the second part, not necessary for this code to work.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Hi Bob,

    Thx a lot ... it works almost fine!

    i.e. also constants are pasted! & I would prefer not.

    Sige

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Try this Then Sige

    Sub Check_Usedrange()
    Dim lngLastRow As Long, lngLastCol As Long, j As Long

    On Error Resume Next
    lngLastRow = 1
    With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    lngLastRow = .Find("*", .Cells(1), xlFormulas, _
    xlWhole, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
    .Rows(lngLastRow).Copy
    .Rows(lngLastRow + 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
    .Rows(lngLastRow + 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas
    For j = 1 To .Cells(lngLastRow + 1,
    Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
    If Not .Cells(lngLastRow + 1, j).HasFormula Then
    .Cells(lngLastRow + 1, j).ClearContents
    End If
    Next j
    End With

  5. #5
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Just Perfect Bob !!!

    Thx again, Sige

  6. #6
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Bob,

    Is there a way to paste also the Cells-Locked status?

    BRG Sige

  7. #7
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: Copy Last row UsedRange to next row

    Bob,

    Is there a way to Paste also the Locked-status of the copied cells?
    If my sheet is locked it does not copy the Locked-status of the cellls.

    Brgds Sige