2 comboboxs, different sheet references

  1. #1
    Kryer
    Guest

    2 comboboxs, different sheet references

    I have a userform that has 2 comboboxs, I want combobox1 to populate from
    Sheet1, range("A2:A100") and i want combobox2 to populate from sheet2,
    range("D2:D5"). But when I do that it wont populate the combox values if I am
    on sheet3. Then if i am on sheet2 only combobox2 values appear and etc.. what
    is wrong with my code here:

    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim sh As Worksheet
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim MyArray() As Variant
    Dim sh1 As Worksheet
    Dim rng1 As Range
    Dim MyArray1() As Variant

    Set sh = Workbooks("Medical Bills.xls").Worksheets("DocInfo")
    Set rng = Range("A2:A100")
    MyArray = rng
    ComboBox1.List = MyArray

    Set sh1 = Workbooks("Medical Bills.xls").Worksheets("Titles")
    Set rng1 = Range("B1:B5")
    MyArray1 = rng1
    ComboBox2.List = MyArray1
    End Sub

    Please help

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: 2 comboboxs, different sheet references

    Kryer,

    The rng and rng1 objects were not qualified by the sheet objects
    and were therefore referencing the active sheet.
    I changed the MyArray variable declarations from an array to variant.
    by removing the "()". The code should now work in xl97.
    In xl97, you cannot assign to an array.
    A ListIndex of zero was assigned to each combobox, so the
    first value in each list will be displayed. (keep, change, or remove)

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    '------------------------------

    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim sh As Worksheet
    Dim sh1 As Worksheet
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim rng1 As Range
    Dim MyArray As Variant
    Dim MyArray1 As Variant

    Set sh = Workbooks("Medical Bills.xls").Worksheets("DocInfo")
    Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A100")
    MyArray = rng.Value
    ComboBox1.List = MyArray
    ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0
    Set sh1 = Workbooks("Medical Bills.xls").Worksheets("Titles")
    Set rng1 = sh1.Range("B1:B5")
    MyArray1 = rng1.Value
    ComboBox2.List = MyArray1
    ComboBox2.ListIndex = 0

    Set rng1 = Nothing
    Set rng = Nothing
    Set sh1 = Nothing
    Set sh = Nothing
    End Sub

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kryer
    Guest

    Re: 2 comboboxs, different sheet references

    Thanks for the help