checking for cell value when exiting

  1. #1

    checking for cell value when exiting

    I'm pretty sure I have seen a post about this before, but....I can't find it. I would like to have excel check for a value > 0 IF cell above is >0. I would like it to verify that this cell has info entered in if it meets criteria before the doc can be saved and/or printed.

    If A2=55 then R2 should have a value >0 entered into it.
    If A2=0 then R2 can be blank

    Any help or reference link/material would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: checking for cell value when exiting

    I'm confused about the cell and the cell above.

    I don't see how A2 and R2 fit that situation.

  3. #3

    My mistake - bad example :)

    I meant a cell somewhere above on the sheet....sorry I screwed up the example...

    How about:

    If A2=55 then you cannot print and/or exit if A25 is blank.

    Thanks for pointing that out Dave!

  4. #4

    Re: checking for cell value when exiting

    Do you have specific cells that apply?

  5. #5

    Specifics...

    For one of my documents I need: