Pass Combo Values to an ODBC Parameter........

  1. #1
    Jonathan
    Guest

    Pass Combo Values to an ODBC Parameter........

    Is this possible???????

    I have an ODBC report which I currently refresh with values passed from a
    comebobox on s form to a cell on a worksheet from which the ODBC parameters
    refresh the ODBC data on a second worksheet.

    What I want to do is remove the need to have worksheets to store combobox
    values to refresh an ODBC I want to pass the values direct thus removing the
    need to have unecessary worksheets and speed up the report data refreshing -
    does that make sense & is it relativly easy?

    Tia

    Jonathan

  2. #2
    Jonathan
    Guest

    RE: Pass Combo Values to an ODBC Parameter........

    Thanks I'll give this a try, can I be cheeky and ask one more question?

    In my ComboBox I have user friendly Options i.e. "Birmingham", "Manchester",
    "Leeds" etc however I want to return the values from the user selection to be
    "Manx", "LDS", etc how do I do this?

  3. #3
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Pass Combo Values to an ODBC Parameter........

    Probably the easiest way: make the combobox into a 2 column combobox
    (ColumnCount = 2), putting the full name in one column and the abbreviation
    in the other. You can hide the abbreviation column by setting its width to 0
    if you don't want the user to have to see it. Let's say you have the
    abbreviation in the first column (Column(0) in VBA code) and the name in the
    other column. Then the code would look like this:

    With Worksheets("Sheet1").QueryTables(1)
    .Parameters(1).SetParam xlConstant, ComboBox1.Column(0)
    .Refresh
    End With

    --
    - K Dales