Find Cell Contents on Another Sheet in Workbook

  1. #1
    Jana
    Guest

    Find Cell Contents on Another Sheet in Workbook

    Good morning! I have a workbook with 2 sheets in it. Sheet 1 has a
    list of customer account numbers in column A. Sheet 2 has a list of
    customer account numbers in column B. What I want to do is iterate
    through the cells in column A on sheet 1 and see if the account number
    exists in column B on worksheet 2. If it does, I want to place "Y" in
    column D on sheet 1 (indicating that it was found on sheet 2) in the
    same row. If not, I want it to place an "N" in column D on sheet 1
    (indicating that it was not found). I'm having a rough time writing
    this macro and any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: Find Cell Contents on Another Sheet in Workbook

    David:
    Tried your solution and it works great!!! Thanks very much Ian,
    thanks for the input, but David's was much more concise. Appreciate
    both of your speedy replies!

    Jana

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Find Cell Contents on Another Sheet in Workbook

    Hi Jana,
    Excellent feedback. Two different answers, you indicated which you
    preferred. When I saw Ian's answer I realized that you posted in the
    programming group, so it's nice to know that the simpler approach
    of a worksheet function still has usefulness in the programming group
    and really solved your problem.

  4. #4
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: Find Cell Contents on Another Sheet in Workbook

    (blush) Thanks very much, glad you liked my response!