Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

    Where can I obtain a list of the command button face ID's (images) & their corresponding image ID numbers used in Excel?

    Or

    Even better, how can I create a worksheet that lists the command button face ID's (images) & their corresponding image ID numbers in cells?

    Thanks for the help. mikeburg

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Mikeburg

    I always use this one - I've tried about half a dozen and this one is easily the best.

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCo...le=BtnFaces.zip

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

    mikeburg,

    Or even better...
    I use my own "Display Face Id's" Excel add-in to provide a display
    of the Excel button faces available. There are somewhere around
    4000 button faces available, depending on your Excel version.

    There are several of these add-in programs around,
    but I feel mine is a little easier to use.

    The add-in code includes assigning a button face to
    a custom menu item and I supply the project
    password with the program.

    Glad to send it along, no charge, upon direct request.
    Remove XXX from my email address.

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    news:[email protected]

  4. #4
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

    This code will dump them all in the sheet:

    Sub ShowAllFaceID()

    Dim CBC As CommandBarControl
    Dim i As Long
    Dim n As Long
    Dim c As Long
    Dim strSpacer As String
    Dim lFaceIDCount As Long
    Dim sh As Shape

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Cursor = xlWait
    strSpacer = "~" & String(3, Chr(32))
    Cells.Clear

    'get rid of the old FaceID's first
    '---------------------------------
    For Each sh In ActiveSheet.Shapes
    sh.Delete
    Next

    Set CBC = _
    CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, _
    temporary:=True)

    Do
    If i Mod 12 = 0 Then
    n = n + 1
    c = 1
    Else
    c = c + 1
    End If
    i = i + 1
    On Error GoTo ERROROUT
    CBC.FaceId = i
    On Error Resume Next
    CBC.CopyFace
    If Err.Number = 0 Then
    Cells(n, c) = strSpacer & i
    ActiveSheet.Paste Cells(n, c)
    Else
    Err.Clear
    End If
    Application.StatusBar = _
    " Dumping all Office FaceID's in sheet, please wait ... " &
    Loop

    ERROROUT:
    CBC.Delete

    With ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects
    .ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 1.28, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft
    .ShapeRange.ScaleHeight 1.28, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft
    Range(Cells(1), Cells(n, 1)).RowHeight = .ShapeRange.Height
    End With

    Range(Cells(1), Cells(n, 12)).Columns.AutoFit

    With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = True
    .Cursor = xlDefault
    .StatusBar = False
    End With

    End Sub

    RBS

    "mikeburg" <[email protected]> wrote in

  5. #5
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

    As said there are several free add-ins to show the FaceID's.
    I have used several, but I like this one from Doug Glancy the best now:

    http://www.*****-blog.com/archives/2...-viewer-addin/

  6. #6
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Need a list of command button face ID's (images)

    RBS,
    Nicely done.
    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "RB Smissaert"
    <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
[...]

    " Dumping all Office FaceID's in sheet, please wait ... " & i

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Yall are wonderful! Thanks for the help.

    mikeburg