Run-Time Error 462

  1. #1
    Randall
    Guest

    Run-Time Error 462

    I am exchanging data between Excel and Word (as an HTML document). I insert
    a new table into word and then set the column widths. Periodically I get the
    following error:
    Run-time error ‘462’:
    The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.

    The error only happens sometimes. In order to avoid getting this error
    again, I must close Excel and Word and rerun the macro. Does anyone know why
    this error sporadically appears and what I can do to avoid it? The code in
    question is below.

    Tx,

    Randall

    Set WD = CreateObject("Word.Application") 'Microsoft Word Object
    WD.Visible = True
    WD.Documents.Add DocumentType:=1 'Create New Web Page Document
    Set MainDoc = WD.Selection

    'Put in Table
    MainDoc.Tables.Add Range:=MainDoc.Range, NumRows:=1, NumColumns:=3,
    DefaultTableBehavior:=wdWord9TableBehavior
    With MainDoc.Tables(1)

    '**** The Next Line gives the error
    .Columns(1).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(2.8)
    .Columns(2).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(1.7)
    .Columns(3).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(1.7)

    End With

  2. #2
    okaizawa
    Guest

    Re: Run-Time Error 462

    Hi,

    I have not reproduced the problem, but I guess the cause is that the
    target object of the InchesToPoints method is omitted. you can get
    information about the error message on the web.

    You may receive the "Run-time error '-2147023174' (800706ba)" error
    message or the "Run-time error '462'" when you run Visual Basic code
    that uses Automation to control Word in Office XP Developer and in
    Office 2000 Developer

    HTH,

    okaizawa