Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

  1. #1
    JK
    Guest

    Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

    I want worksheet_change to fire a macro only when a specific cell is
    changed. In XP, Target.Address="$A$1" works to identify the cell being
    changed. But in Excel 97 it doesn't. Does anyone know what will work in
    Excel 97 and Excel XP? Thank you in advance.

    Jim Kobzeff

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

    It has been working for me since 1997.

    Perhaps the Change event isn't being fired. Are you updating the cell
    using a Data Validation dropdown - if so, then if the source data is from a
    worksheet range, there is your Huckleberry.

    That situation didn't trigger a change event in xl97.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    JK
    Guest

    Re: Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

    Thank you, Tom. Yes, I am trying to update thru Data Validation. I have
    since learned that 97 doesn't do, and the subject cell must be linked to
    another cell and the macro must be fired with worksheet_calculate. However,
    I have another Validate Data cell on the same WS that must fire another
    macro. Is it possible to write it so the second macro doesn't fire the first
    macro and vice versa? Thank you in advance.

    Jim Kobzeff

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

    You would need to store the values of the cells and react only if the value
    changes since the calculate event does not tell you which cell triggered the
    event.

    Tom Ogilvy