big problem selecting and saving data

  1. #1
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    big problem selecting and saving data

    Hi,

    I'am struggling with the following...

    on sheet1 i have the folowing columns containing the data ofemployees

    In cell A1: the company name
    B: name
    C: date of birth
    D: age
    E: salary
    F: parttime%

    There could be x (different for eacht company) people in the sheet

    when the project is closed, i would like to save the data of the employees in
    sheet2 in the columns:
    A: name of the company
    B: name employee
    C: date of birth
    D: salary
    E: parttime%

    note: not all columns of sheet 1 need to be saved, just a few.

    Each time a company is put in it should add the employees on sheet 2 to the
    list of employees. So sheet2 can contain multiple employees of multiple
    companies and sheet1 will contain only the employees of one company.

    Does anybody have the code to be able to save the data from sheet1 in sheet 2
    (starting from the last empty row)
    I would be much obliged !!
    Pierre

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: big problem selecting and saving data

    Pierre
    Your explanation of what you have and what you want to happen is
    somewhat convoluted and difficult to follow. Here is what I think you have
    and what you want.
    You have a sheet, say Sheet2. It has a listing of companies in Column
    A. The rest of the columns have data for a specific employee in each row.
    You have another sheet, say Sheet1. It is blank except for column
    headers in Columns B:F. You want to type the name of a company in cell A1
    of Sheet1. When you do so, you want Excel to extract all the employee data
    corresponding to that one company from Sheet2 and place that data in Sheet1.
    Is this correct? HTH Otto

  3. #3
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: big problem selecting and saving data

    Hi otto,

    yes, you are correct.
    can you help ?

    By the way, i'am also looking for a solution the other way....that is to save
    all employees of this particular company in sheet 2.

  4. #4
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: big problem selecting and saving data

    Pierre
    I don't know what you mean when you say "save". To save a file is to
    write it to disk. Obviously you mean something else when you say you want
    to save data to Sheet2. Do you mean copy to Sheet2? From where?
    If you wish, send me direct via email a small file showing what you have on
    each of the two sheets. Then include some examples of what you want Excel
    to do. Assume that I know nothing about what you have, what you are doing,
    and what you want Excel to do. Also tell me the version of Excel you are
    using. My email address is [email protected]. Remove the "nop" from
    this address. HTH Otto