macro for processing one excel file and saving it to other

  1. #1

    macro for processing one excel file and saving it to other

    can a macro pick up data from one file,process it in a certain way and then put the output back to an excel file.
    i need help with how to do it
    thanks

  2. #2
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: macro for processing one excel file and saving it to other

    For most files - this is very possible.

    A lot depends on what kind of file is holding the data.
    If it is another Excel workbook - it's just transferring cells, worksheets,
    etc. Very quick and relatively easy.

    If it is a text file or a database file - you will have to import it into
    Excel. Relatively easy.

    Once you get it into excel you can do just about anything you can dream up.

    But we need more info and what is what, and where to where, and what you
    want to do.

    Post back and we'll work with you...

    --
    steveB