Cannot get the parameter option to work in Excel query

  1. #1
    orcha21
    Guest

    Cannot get the parameter option to work in Excel query

    I am trying to set the criteria for my parameter query from two cell in the
    the Excel worksheet but I cannot seem to activate the "Parameters" or the
    "Criteria Equals" buttom in order to set the value into Microsoft Query.
    I am pretty sure the database is using ODBC drivers but I cannot confirm that.
    How do I set things up to get my criteria from the worksheet?

  2. #2
    feldnemf
    Guest

    RE: Cannot get the parameter option to work in Excel query

    You have to go into MS Query and edit it. The 7th button from the left is
    the show/hide criteria button. Make sure this is depressed and then drag the
    field from the table into the Criteria Field. Underneath the Criteria Field,
    you must enter a string in the "Value" field and enclose it in brackets (for
    example, [Enter Customer ID]. Save the query and return to Excel. The
    parameter button should be activated and then you can set it up so that the
    value is entered into a cell. Hope this helps.
    Mike