cell lenk

  1. #1
    UNI
    Guest

    cell lenk

    hi to all Excel user

    Excel Problem
    i created a cell with validation in that so many values are inserted . ie
    cell have list value apple , mango , guava etc
    I want link this cell to another worksheet cell with same list values and
    when i insert a value in cell list this value shoul be added in another
    cell's list value .
    if anyoneknows this task reply me on my email id .
    [email protected] , [email protected]

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: cell lenk

    not a very clear question.

    on sheet2 you have a list of values. range name this list, say 'Fruit'

    on sheet1 set a cell's validation to LIST and the source to =Fruit

    This is a static list. When you add an item, you need to extend the range
    for the name.
    You can have this done 'dynamically.

    on sheet2, with your list starting in cell B2 for example, open the defined
    names form ( menu: Insert / Name / Define)

    add or Edit Fruit, and set the value to

    =OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$2,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$B$2:$B$100),1)

    note the first element is the start of the list.